Hotel Lautner is the first of its kind “hybrid” between luxury vacation rental property and micro-boutique hotel.
Our guests are free to live the “Lautner Lifestyle” in their own private flat we have equipped with all the creature comforts of a “home away from home”. Nowhere else can you sleep in a John Lautner designed residence without owning one or being lucky enough to have a friend that does! You can also rent out the entire compound for the ultimate retreat with family and friends. Please contact the office directly at 760-832-5288 for more details.
Our hotel is comprised of four ingenious interlocking structures. The dramatic play of light throughout the day and night is achieved with the thoughtful use of skylights and glass walls. An impressive succulent garden wraps each unit on three sides giving the guest the magical feeling of living in a terrarium. The outdoor patios and garden areas are four steps up giving the room a feeling of being nestled in the desert earth. Each of the four units is remarkably spacious and is uniquely appointed with luxurious vintage modern furnishings and boutique hotel amenities.
IMPORTANT FACTS TO KNOW:
- There is no “On-Site” Check-In Office, Restaurant, Bar or Staff.
- A member of our staff will greet you at the locked compound with keys upon your arrival.
- Maid service is available for guests staying 3+ nights.
- All four units are similar in their overall dimensions and are approximately 700 square feet.
- All units are “Double Occupancy” with a minimum age requirement of 21 for all guests.
- Street parking is available.
- Queen size beds only- No King size.
- Communal Saline Plunge Pool- No swimming pool, No hot tub.
- For information about additional occupants or Child and Pet Policy please visit our rental policies page.
- Due to the nature of this landmark property, we regret to inform you that there is NO ICE MACHINE .
- No walk-ins. Access to the compound is for guests only.
- Private tours are available for a small fee thru our Event Manager. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
CHECK –IN TIME: 3:00 PM – 7:00pm
- Between the hours of 3:00pm – 7:00pm there will be a staff member on call to meet you at the locked compound.
- Please advise office of your arrival time a day in advance by calling 760-832-5288 or emailing email@example.com.
- Please call upon arrival and if you are running late.
- Should you miss your arrival time, every effort will be made to have our staff meet you as timely as possible between check in hours.
- An early Check-In request is subject to availability with a non-negotiable fee of $50.00 and no earlier than 1pm.
- Guests requiring a check-in time after 7pm can use our “Lock Box” check in method. Please make arrangements with office at least one day in advance to get lock box codes.
CHECK-OUT TIME: Promptly at 11:00 AM
- A late Check-Out of 12:00pm MUST be requested a night in advance and is subject to availability with no additional fee.
- A late Check-Out between 12:00pm – 2:00pm MUST be requested a night in advance and is subject to availability with a non-negotiable fee of $50.00
- No Check-Out later than 2pm.
- Enclosed private patios with lounge chairs and table
- Vintage modern furnishings
- Frette Linens, Robes and Towels
- L’Occitane Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel and Lotion
- Organic Cotton Pillow Top Queen Mattress
- Keurig Platinum Coffee Systems with an assortment of Coffees & Teas and flavored creamers.
- Induction Cook Tops, Cook Ware, Salt, Pepper & Olive Oil
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Complimentary biscotti and an assortment of instant oatmeal
- Stainless Steel Beverage Centers with two complimentary water bottles (no freezer)
- Stainless Steel Microwaves
- Wet Bar with an assortment of stemware, martini shaker and ice bucket (no ice machine on property)
- BBQ Cook Ware and Plastic Ware for outdoor dining
- Panasonic CD/Alarm Clock/MP3 players with I-phone charging station with an assortment of music CD’s for your listening pleasure.
- Turntable with an assortment of vinyl records for your listening pleasure.
- Flat Screen LCD TV/DVD players with an assortment of movies for your entertainment, including the documentaries “Infinite Space: The architecture of John Lautner” and “Visual Acoustics, The modernism of Julius Shulman”
- Assorted books on John Lautner, Palm Springs Modernism, Case Study Homes and pop novels for your reading pleasure
- Playing cards and Puzzles
- Custom Built Redwood and Steel Bed Frames built by Brown + Trowbridge
- Chrome towel warmers
- LG Art Cool Mirror Finish Ductless Mini Split Systems (AC & Heater)
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Ironing board and iron
- Hair dryer
- Illuminated Make Up Mirror
- Loaner pair of “His and Hers” Flip Flops
- Spa pool towels
- Communal Plunge Pool (Saline System, 42” deep with built in seating, large enough to accommodate 8 persons) with adjacent lounge area and outdoor shower.
- Communal Fire Pit Lounge that can seat a minimum of 8 persons with cushions and pillows.
- Communal Infrared BBQ and dining area located next to the fire pit lounge.
- Assorted butterfly chairs located throughout the compound.
- Luscious cactus and succulent gardens throughout the compound.
- In-room massage and spa services (Available by appointment only, see Indulgence tab for more details)